Sunday, September 6, 2009

When the going gets tough, the tough keep going

Happy Labor Day! Labor Day takes on meaning when you are working because it means an extra day of rest. Today, I watched a Project Runaway marathon, Baby Mama movie and two naps. One of my favorite movies--Runaway Bride-- will be on soon.

It has been quite a week with my car in the shop. I was suppose to get it yesterday but found out the most sad news--my car has a blown head gasket. This means another week without a car. A week full of meetings that I must cover in another county. My co-workers have been very nice making sure that I get to and from work. I have managed to get stories done by phone. But I am still worried about my job. I guess I am a little down because I am far away from home with a broken car. When I got the used yesterday, I just wanted to scream and cry. But I was calm.

While I waited for one of my co-workers to pick me up, I read Sports Illustrated and came across a quote that helped me to figure out what to do. "Quitting is not an option. No matter how dark it gets.--former NBA player and cancer survivor Wayman Tisdale.

He right. I have invested a lot in being in RR and quitting is not an option. But if they fire me, then I guess I'll be going home. Hopefully that won't happen.

Daily Dose

1. Thankful to have a job in this economy.

2. Coming up some great meals using a microwave, a George Foreman grill and a plug in skillet.

3. Hearing my guys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spending time with my son

Memorial Day is always special for me as a reporter and a person. It is a chance to recognize who gave their life so I and others can have t...