Light at the end of the tunnel

A week ago, I agreed to do all the best of 2009 stuff since my car was in the shop. I didn't count the number of places on the list. There were fifty. In one week with a stomach virus, I did 40 something interviews for 40 stories that ranged from 150 words to four hundred words. I did all of this. I am proud but stunned when my co-worker told me what I had done. "Didn't you think to count them," she said. I told her no. I knew it would overwhelmed me if I counted the stories. Plus, I figured maybe those stories would be my swan song at the paper.

I have to admit that September has not been a good month for me. There have days I have wanted to give up and go home with my tail between my legs. I miss my guys. It is great having a job and not just any job--my dream job of working at a daily newspaper. So I continue to take it day by day.

I love award shows. I fell asleep on the Emmy's. I fell asleep. Thank God for recap shows. I saw about an hour of it and thought Neil Patrick Harris rocked the show. I had my first real meal today. I had a grilled cheese, french fries, a limeade and chocolate milkshake from Sonic. It tasted like filet mignon. When you have puked as much as I did last week, you appreciate being able to eat solid food.

Daily Dose

1. The new season of House starts tonight.

2. Sonic has some of the best milk shakes.

3. Today was a wonderful day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral