Thursday, August 20, 2009

Crazy times

I am adjusting well to the daily newspaper schedule. I am doing stories that I have always dreamed of doing. I am tired but happy to be doing what I love. I miss my big guy and little guy. I try to talk to them after the morning deadline and a few times in the evening.

My room is pretty cozy here. I have cable and internet access. However, there is a mirror. I have always felt mirrors were a trigger for me. But I am dealing with it. I try not to look in the mirror. The life of a journalist is hectic. I have to be at work at 7:30 a.m. I either eat a bowl of grits or a bowl of cereal while watching the Today show. Mid-morning-I eat a granola bar or some fruit. Depending on my assignments, I either eat lunch at my place or bring some to heat up and eat quick. I try to have mid-afternoon snack of Sun Chips, trail mix or dry cereal. Dinner is usually between 6 and 6:30 p.m. At night, I snack on whatever. During my workday, I drink water but once I get home I indulged in orange soda. Until my insurance is in effect, I follow this routine. It is so easy for me to skip a meal and eat just junk. I have worked hard in my recovery to get where I am. Plus, I need the energy to be a full-time hit the ground running reporter.

Daily Dose

1. So thankful to have a job.
2. Water--one of nature's great gifts

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a great routine going! Glad to hear it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very lovely to read that you are happy at work

    all the best wishes
    Ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super! I'm just back from vacation and sooo happy that job worked out for you! Delightful news to come back to! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Spending time with my son

Memorial Day is always special for me as a reporter and a person. It is a chance to recognize who gave their life so I and others can have t...