Sometimes love means braving traffic!!!

My mother and I didn't always have a good relationship. From the time I was 15 until about 27, we tolerated each other. She played a big part in me moving to Pickle Land eight years ago because I just couldn't deal being around here. Being away from home, getting married, having a child and her being diagnosed with cancer in 2005 helped us build a relationship. Even if we haven't always gotten along, I still respected and loved my mother. She and my grandmother raised my brother and I. Some of my best lessons in life came from her.

I say all this because things aren't going well between my parents. I met my dad for the first time when I was 27. After meeting me, my parents reunited. A few weeks ago, they had a big fight and now live separate from each other. My mom told me not to take sides. But I quietly take the side of the my mother. Anyway, about three months about my mother found out about Earth, Wind & Fire and Chicago being in concert. My mother really only socializes with family. So it was big deal for her to buy front row seats to a concert in Charlotte for her and my dad. Now they are not together and she has two tickets.

She told me today that she wasn't going to the concert and would keep the tickets in her memory box. I don't know much about the groups she wants to see but I know she really wanted to go. So I said I would go. She worked two jobs and went to school to provide for my brother and I. She has went through two rounds of chemo, radiation and had a breast removed. The least I can do is go with her to a concert that will make her beyond happy.

In other news, yesterday my son with fishing with his grandfather and my hubby and I had a movie day of all the movies you can't watch with a three-year-old. Our movie fest ended with Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I love 80s movies and Ferris along with the Brat Pack movies are my fave. Other movies included the X-Men trilogy. It was nice just hanging out.

Saturday night I watched my cousins graduate. It was nice. And it was nice that most of my family was there to see them make this milestone.

This week, I play the waiting game, go to group therapy and see Isla. Well, I gotta get back to four loads of laundry at the laundromat.

Daily Dose

1. Laundry day

2. My mother

3. A Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich washed down with a cold glass of milk

Comments

  1. Aw, I loved reading about you and your mom. The concert should be really fun. I love Earth, Wind, and Fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great opportunity for you and your mom -EWF is FABULOUS, you'll love it! (wishin' I could go) --:(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral