Mondays are never dull


Monday always had a surprise for me. And today it was a snake on the steps. I don't like snakes. I will never kill a snake unless I feel threatened. I felt threatened. Don't worry, he's not dead. Maybe a little deaf because I screamed like someone had attacked me. Then ran back into the house, shut and locked the door. After a few minutes, I went out the back door. No sign of the snake but I have a plan. It is time to cut the grass. My husband doesn't really like for me to cut the grass. I think he is worried that I may pass out or something. The grass has gotten very high so Stella and I are going to cut it. Stella is the name of my lawnmower. She is red feisty little mower so I named her Stella. I love Mondays because it is never a dull day for me.

I am becoming very tech savy. The new camera and photo printer that my hubby brought was given to me to read all the directions and get up and running. I DID it!! It took four hours and a trip to Office Max but I did it. The photos look great. I took a picture of one of the James Dean photos in my room. My husband got it for me for our wedding anniversary two years ago. And while at Office Max, I found this Tol pen for $2.99 that is awesome. It writes sooooooooo smooth. I feel like I am getting my groove back a little. I spent Sunday--reading the newspaper and magazines, eating junk food, napping and watching Hellboy. The boys had a father/son day taking pictures with the new camera. I even work on a list of 25 things about me that I'll post in a few days.

I have started working out a little again. I am trying to stress about my stomach and going with the flow. On a sad note, I found out that a friend I used to work with has been diagnosis with lung cancer. The news caught me off guard. She is such a sweet lady who took good care of us at the paper and the paper itself. It is true that cancer affects each and every one of us.

Daily Dose

1. Appreciating the life you are given

2. Flats--In the last year, I rediscovered the beauty of them.

3. The Tol pen--AWESOME, AWESOME!!!!

4. Stella the lawnmower

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about your friend :(
    I also HATE snakes (who likes them?). My parents live in the hills where snakes invade during summer. They freak me out. Cut that grass ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz