Getting Ready

I have never heard my mom so excited in my life. Except maybe when her grandchildren were born. She is so excited about the concert. And so am I. My dad called her because he wanted to know if she needed him to go to the concert. She told him no that she was taking me and we were going to have a good time.

On a down note, I found out that I didn't get either editor's job. I bummed but I'll be okay. If it is meant to be then it is meant to be. Anyway, I am looking forward to having a good time tonight with my mom. With the help of my hubby and his buddy, I realized that I know more Earth, Wind & Fire songs than I realize.

The editor I freelance for was sad I didn't get the job but happy that he gets to keep me a little while longer. I think I am going to focus on a part-time job and freelance on the side. This way money is coming in while I continue to freelance, get more samples and not go crazy if I can't write.

And even though I am bummed, I resisted the urge to restrict. I went to Wendy's for a chocolate shake. I left with a sour cream and chives baked potato, a small chili with cheese and a chocolate shake. The old me would have went home, took to the bed and not ate. The recovery me had a late lunch, a newspaper and cleaned the house to Cindi Lauper. Take that ED!!!!!!

Daily Dose

1. Being blessed with a wonderful mother!

2. Chocolate Shakes!

3. Cindi Lauper--She always cheers me up!

Comments

  1. Way to go with resisting the urge to restrict!! That's a BIG deal! I know how loud anorexia's voice can get when there is disappointment. I'm really sorry about the editor jobs. Like with all things, I trust it's for a reason and things will work out as they're meant to work out. You have the part-time gig and freelancing. I think you'll have a GREAT time at the concert. Earth, Wind & Fire is one of those great bands. You'll know a lot of songs, I'm sure. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral