A busy Silly Girl

It has been awhile since I posted. I have been busy writing, being a Mom and interviewing for two editor's positions.

The interview process was four hours long and involved five people. I arrived twenty minutes early to be interviewed by the regional editor JB. He asked some tough questions but I was prepared. I have given a lot of thought about becoming an editor of a newspaper. It will not be easy but I feel I am up for the challenge. Ed position #1 is at twice a week paper with a staff of two writers and copy editor. Ed position #2 is at a weekly where I would be the sole writer and editor along with some freelance writers. There would be no layout and design. This is taken care of at the daily paper. I would love to have position #2 because I am not good at giving orders. Both jobs are multimedia based with posting to the website and using a video camera. Overall, it I got a position at either paper--it would be an excellent learning experience. Both are relatively close to home. Ed position #1 is 45 minutes away. Ed position #2 is an hour and half away. Hopefully, I will know something soon.

I was also interviewed by the current editor of position #1. Excellent benefits package. I'll keep you posted with the results.

I have been swamped with assignments and stuff. Today, interviewed a town clerk and tonight is an organizational meeting for bring Habitat for Humanity to the county. Tomorrow, I take pictures at a graduation and later that evening attend the high school graduation of my cousins. I am staying busy which keeps me from dwelling on things and stressing out.

Still haven't heard from the reporter's position I interviewed for last month. I have heard that the newspaper let another reporter go so the paper is now has two positions opened. Very interesting!!!

Daily Dose:

1. A cheeseburger and fries washed down with a chocolate shake.

2. Receiving the lastest magazine in the mail.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you have some great job leads! Glad to hear the interviews went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you know a thing or two about being busy as well, haha! But this is a good busy, busy with productive, positive things you can be proud of! Hope you get good news about the jobs very soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an intense interviewing process!! Hope the job leads all resolve themselves in a way that works out for you. :)

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral