Awesome night!!!

I am tired today but it is because of an awesome. My mother and I had a wonderful. I have never seen her up dancing around. We sang, we laughed and we had a great time. And I knew I lot more Earth, Wind & Fire and Chicago songs than I thought. I just didn't know the names. We had pretty good seats. My mom drinks beer. In all my years, I didn't know that she occasionally drank a beer. She did last night. Even though, concert food is expensive. She said she was splurging. We had chicken tenders, fries and chili dogs. I had a coke and bottled water while she drank a beer and had Coke. I was the driver for the evening. The music was soooooo good and vibes were just as good. Last night was what I really needed to help clear my head. So sorry dad, you missed a great concert.

We had such a good time that we are thinking about seeing Miley Cyrus in November. My mom and brother are huge Hannah Montana fans. Hannah helped my mom through cancer and brother says that show along with Wizards of Waverly Place relaxes him after a long day of work. I don't have cable so I'm crime show junkie.

I went to group therapy today. It was nice. There are many days that I feel anxious and depressed about not having a job and not being able to get one. I'm happy that I have made it through to the interview stage. One day, hopefully soon, a job will come.

I also saw Isla. I am 115 pounds. I am weighed once a month. Discussed body image issues. With the summer and more revealing clothes, I feel awful. I am working out some but in some shirts it looks like I am pregnant. I'm not and I know it is because I am gaining weight. It unnerves me so I have covered the mirror back up. Right now, I am trying to keep a schedule, not restrict and not isolate. This is easy because I really don't have any friends here. I mean most people in CCounty know my husband and his family. You want to make friends and be able to confide but I don't feel comfortable. This is why I am looking for work in other places where my last night doesn't lead to the question of Are you such and such's wife, husband or sister-in-law. All in all, a decent day.

1. Seeing a really good concert with a really great mom!

2. Skirts--I'm wearing one today for the first time in years and I'm not anxious.

3. Brand new Oprah magazine for 25 cents.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a GREAT day (or two)!! I love moms, and I love skirts :) Keeping a schedule, warding off restriction and isolation, is hard, but really necessary. You sound very strong.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz