Monday, Monday

I had a great Mother's Day. I spent it with my family. My son and I went over to see my mom and my family. It was nice. My brother cooked the dinner. Afterwards, we sat outside talking and watching the kids play. Of course, I managed to get park duty so I took my son, my nephew and my cousin to the park where they had a grand old time. Park duty means breaking up fights, kissing boo boos and playing. I am tired but happy.

This morning I covered a teen pregnancy prevention breakfast. It was a nice spread. I thought only my mother-in-law could cook excellent grits. I was wrong. Some of the best grits I have had in a looong time. The event made me think. They gave all the stats about teen pregnancy. I am a product of teen pregnancy. My mom was 15 and in the 11th grade when she had me. She doesn't have a high school diploma or GED but she did pretty good. She has always told me that she was fortunate and blessed to find a good job and have the help of my grandmother. Watching them is what motivated me to be the best I could be. Plus, my mother didn't want me to be a statistic. I wasn't allowed to date until I was 18. So instead I became the library loving magazine junkie journalist I am today.

My brother turned me on to a group that I had heard about but not listened to--Kings of Leon. I can't stop listening to the song, Use Somebody. Brothers are so great.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a nice day with family. I was treated to a no-cooking day and couldn't ask for more. You're lucky to have a brother that cooks for everyone so you don't have to! I had a catering business (long ago!) and I swear that cured me of wanting to cook big spreads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES....BROTHERS ARE GREAT...MORE THAN GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst