A U2 kind of day

My day started early. I had to interview the assistant superintendent for a story about summer school. I arrived on time but he was in a meeting and his secretary wasn't sure when it would be done. So I told her I would come back later. The super and I miss each other by minutes. By the time his secretary got me, I was in line at McDonald's getting ready to order a sausage biscuit and gravy. I love those with a passion. So I had to make a decision--breakfast or the interview. I chose breakfast and told the secretary that I would return in a hour. In the past, I would have chose the story over food. I wanted the biscuit and gravy and the town where the super was located didn't have a McDonald's. It feels good to make a good decision.

My husband and I left at the same time. We both were tired. He came home late and we stayed up talking. He told I looked really good today. Quote--"You look good and healthy." I glanced at myself reflection before going in for the super interview and thought--"I do look good." No stressing, no anxiety just complimenting myself. Wow, I have come a long way. This weekend, I need to go buy some more jeans and shorts. All of my shorts from last year are in girls' sizes. And most of my jeans are size 0 or 1. My therapist told me to bite the bullet and go shopping. And donate the clothes that don't fit to charity. I knew what she was getting at. If I keep the clothes, I will be tempted to restrict or quit eating. This is happen a lot in the past.

Also one of my favorite authors Melissa Marr will soon have a new book out. I like reading young adult books at times because most are very well written. And Melissa Marr rocks!! I own all of her books. And if I maintain my weight, I am getting this book.

Comments

  1. yes...donate the clothes!!

    and yes...buy the book!

    and good for you and the sausage and gravy biscuit...that does sound yummy.

    WOW...you guys actually have the budget in the school system to have summer school??? There will be none here this year for our county anyway...cause they are broke! :( poor kids.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz