The Sun has returned


After what seems like days and days of rain, the sun is back. Sun, I missed you a lot. I kind of slept in this morning after the long day yesterday so I'm trying to make the most of the day.

Yesterday, I applied for a ton of jobs online. I know somewhere out there is a job for me. I just hope it finds me soon. I am really working on the amount of water that I drink.

From time to time, I watch General Hospital (a soap opera). I heard on the news that the Guiding Light, a soap opera, is being cancelled in September. I never really watch this but my late grandmother did. This was her show. I can remember coming home from school at 3:30 knowing that it was still during the sacred hour. When the show was on from 3 to 4 p.m. my grandmother was not to be discovered. The only acceptable reasons were the house on fire or death. Sometimes I would watch it with her. I know she is probably disappointed to hear that her show is leaving the air. It is the longest running show on television and it started as a radio show. My grandmother used to talk about all the radio shows she and my grandfather listened to. She has been dead for 10 years but I still miss her. She helped to raise me and shaped me into the woman I am today. She always told me that I would go places. I think about things like this now because of the way my life is now. I hope she isn't disappointed. Her name was Bessie and she totally rocked!

Comments

  1. I'm not a big fan of daytime television. In fact I really don't like it unless I'm feeling unwell and unable to do anything else.

    Lovely to read that you had a close relationship with your Gran. She'd be smiling knowing that you have such fond memories of her.

    best wishes and enjoy the sunshine Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to know you had such a good relationship with your grandma. and that you have things that remind you of her. I'm sure they are happy memories!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral