MRI update


We are back home. Actually, my son is at my in-laws. I needed a break from in-law overload. They are great people but too many of them can be to much for me. JJ was quite a big boy with the MRI. He was upset when came from under the drugs. The doctor said he will be in and out all day. The results of the MRI will not be revealed to us until the April 27 when we go for our second opinion at UNC-Chapel Hill. (GO HEELS!!!!!) So now we just watch him and wait. So far he has been doing great. I can't wait until the weather is lovely and we can hit the park with my nephew. They love the park.

On the way to radiology, my son saw the bird display at the hospital and informed my husband and I that he wanted a bird someday. "Not now, Mommy," he said. "But someday I want a bird." I added this to my mental list of things to remember since I know he will not forget this.

I am starting to feel like myself. While waiting for the MRI to be completed, I emailed some follow up letters to some jobs I had applied for. I also applied for a job as a store clerk at a convenience store/truck stop near my house. It is less than five minutes. So I am trying to stay busy and stay positive. From here, I am headed to the grocery store. Since JJ couldn't eat this morning because of the MRI, we all went without. I did get a muffin and a bottle of water from the cafe cart at the hospital. The old me would have used this as an excuse to restrict. I think I am actually going to cook this evening for the family. I haven't decided what yet.

Comments

  1. Have fun with these questions...
    1. Why do you blog?

    2. Do you have any hobbies?

    3. If you could have just one wish, what would that be?

    4. Why do you live where you live?

    5. Tell us something that you really like about yourself?

    I look forward to your answers...
    Best wishes Ribbon :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz