Skip to main content

Good news

Yesterday was a loooong but good day. My son had appointment with a neurologist in Chapel Hill. It was nice to have a doctor to talk to us, not at us or ignore what we (the ones who witnessed his seizures have seen). Dr. T was great. After listening to JJ's history, looking at the MRI (which was good) and having JJ do some tests. For right now, he does not think that JJ needs to be on seizure meds. Thank God!! Dr. T is in the process of getting JJ's records from the other neurologist so he can look at the results of the sleep deprived EEG. JJ may have to do another EEG. Dr. T thinks JJ might be one of rare group of kids who have febrile seizures after they are two. Febrile seizures, while scary to the parents and loved ones witnessing them, are okay. I could have kissed that man. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law went with me to Chapel Hill. James still has census training. I also believe the visit was such a successful because my husband wasn't there. At times, he can be very brutual on doctors. When I was pregnant, there six doctors in the practice--only one could stand to be around James. He was one the who delivered our son.

Meals were interesting yesterday. Breakfast was a ham biscuit and orange juice. Lunch at the hospital was baked chicken with mashed potatoes with gravy and a side of macaroni and cheese. I am trying to be more nutritious. After lunch, my sister-in-law wanted to go the huge mall in Durham. I told her I would wait in the car. So she, my son and her mother-in-law went in. Three hours later,a few calls to friends and family and reading half a book--I went to find them. My sister-in-law forgot to mention that one of her friends was meeting her at the small. We got to the mall at 2 p.m., we left at 7:15 p.m. So I had dinner at Chick-Filet. Love their nuggets and lemonade. JJ and I had ice cream.

But while waiting, there was some good news. The managing editor of the promising job prospect called. He did a preliminary interview. We will have a longer interview, by phone, on Wednesday at 3 p.m. I am beyond happy but remaining realistic. So yesterday was a good but long day. I made it home about 10:30. My husband was thoughtful enough to record Gossip Girl for me without me remaining him.

Daily Dose

1. My baby is going to be okay. Jungle gym, here we come.

2. Soon, I may have a job with benefits. I miss health insurance.


  1. MY GOD....after & before you left....???? I would have been fit to be tied! I know JJ was exhausted...and you too for that matter!

  2. that was supposed to have been "after 7...."

    oops... :)

  3. Glad to hear your son is ok!! Sounds like eating is going well. Good luck with the interview! How exciting!

  4. I'm glad that your son is okay; congratulations / good luck on the interview!


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping ED from gaining

One of the hardest things I had to ever do was to explain my ED to my 11-year-old son. His father had talked to him about it, which I have an issue with  because it is my story and not his. But I have tried to move beyond that.

Anyway, a few weeks I talked to him about it and explained it as best I could. I told him how he is my inspiration to stay in recovery. I know he needs his mom to be healthy to help handle growing up.
One thing I told him was that my relationship with food is not like his relationship. And there will always be a struggle for me. I take it one meal at a time.
I kept all of this in mind when I went to the doctor yesterday to ask for help. In the past three months, my appetite has disappeared. I eat because I don’t want to pass out or to be hospitalized. It hasn’t been easy. I could have let ED win when I realized what was happening. I have only lost 11 pounds. To some this is not much weight but to me it is.
The old me would have been happy about it. The recovering…

Spending time with my son

Memorial Day is always special for me as a reporter and a person. It is a chance to recognize who gave their life so I and others can have the freedom we have. 
Normally, I work and get to take Memorial Day holiday on another day. This year, I got a double bonus. 

I got to spend the long weekend with my son. Things some how worked that my son’s aunt met me halfway and JJ was able to spend three days in Pickle Land with me. He had a chance to see me working and spend quality time together.

JJ is now 11. He is squarely in the pre-teen world. His voice is changing along with other things. My baby is growing up and it scares me. He got to see my new teeth and loved them. He said it was nice to see me so happy. 
We had a chance to talk and just spend some time together. And in two weeks, he returns for a two week involving my week long vacation and a bunch of day camps. It has been a good few days.
The other part is my Memorial Day weekend is this weekend. I'm going to the Lake to hang with…

Adventures at Librari-Con with Samurai Batman

Recently, JJ and I made our second journey to the 11th annual Librari-Con at the Cumberland County Public Library in Fayetteville.  This is an annual anime/graphic novel/sci-fi mini convention that featured anime viewing, panels forums, Artist Alley, Cosplay Runway and more.
What made this event super awesome was the fact that the library was opened at the same time of the event.
For a year, JJ had talked about having a costume after not being able to wear one last year. He was a Samurai Batman.
Apparently, JJ had a growth spurt in the last few weeks so there was struggle getting him into his costume, but a little pulling, binder clips and prayer got the costume on him.

I decided to go as my favorite thing – a mother/photographer/bodyguard/book nerd wearing a Wonder Woman shirt.
JJ decided to add his own special touch to it with a trident and a Flash mask for me. I’m not sure what I was supposed to have been but I played along until lunchtime.
For the first hour, he played free video game…