A first no one wants

My son is having a MRI today. It's hard not being back there with him. But JJ is strong. I hope we can find out the reason for the seizures. I have been up since 4:15 a.m. The MRI was scheduled for 8 a.m. but we had to have him at the hospital by 7 a.m. JJ was given some red liquid to make him drowsy. This is a first that nobody wants to have for their child.

Being in the surgical waiting room, brings back memories of when my mom had surgery in October. So we wait. My husband, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law are here just waiting. I think this is the longest 45 minutes of my life.

I do not like parking decks. All those vehicles stacked on top of each other. Since I have been coming to this hospital with my mom, I feel a kinship with this hospital. As I write this my husband and in-laws have struck up a conversation with others who are waiting. They are not shy folks.

After the MRI, I think we are going out to eat since JJ couldn't eat or drink for the MRI. Since I am still feeling down, I decided that each today I will find three things that I am thankful for in my life. I did this last night in my journal so I figure I will put it on my blog.

I will call it the daily 3:
1--Overall, my son is in good health and a great kid.
2--My mother is back to doing her routine.
3--I woke it this morning. We should always celebrate this.

The results of the MRI will not be known until April 27 when we could to the University of North Carolina hospital in Chapel Hill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz