Update on 50 by 50

In October, I celebrated my 50th birthday. It was a great one!

At age 50, I started a new job as a newspaper editor and got a newer vehicle. I feel blessed and grateful.

I rode several rollercoasters for my 50th birthday. 

On Jan. 1 of this year, I decided to do something big for my 5oth birthday by completing a bucket list. 


I worked up to 70 hours a week in a previous position as an editor, so I didn’t have a chance to complete many items. 

My goal is to get as many items on this list completed before Dec. 31 with the help of my son James aka The Tall One, and close friend/Road Junkie partner in crime Bennie.

One recent adventure was the Masterpiece Escape Room in Indian Trail, N.C. I must confess this was not my first escape room. Bennie and I tried to escape one a

a few years ago in Florence and failed.

My goal was to complete one successfully. And we did it with little over a minute left. It wasn’t easy. We had to get inside and get out of a hermit’s house. This hermit was responsible for 12 missing people throughout the years.

We had a good time and worked together well. There were a few scary moments, but overall, we did well and had made some good memories.

I have made some progress on my list. No pressure. If I don't finish them by Dec. 31, I will roll them over to 2023.

50 by 50 list

1.  Do a cosplay at a Comic Con.

2.   Learn how to play pickleball.

3.   Do goat yoga.

4.   Visit a new place. (COMPLETED at Power House Food Hall in Rock Hill, S.C.)

5. Get a massage (COMPLETED at PWIC Med Spa in Bennettsville)

6.  Donate blood at least once in 2023.

7. Read at one book at month (HAVE DONE THIS EACH MONTH. This month, I am reading “Holly” by Stephen King.)

8.  Organize and catalog my massive home library. (AM WORKING ON THIS NOW. I am confident I will have it completed by Dec. 31.)

9.  Ride a mechanical bull. (Completed at the 2023 Pageland Watermelon Festival.)

10. Learn how to use Canva.

11.  Attend a midnight showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. 

12.  Cook three new dishes.

13.  Ride several roller coasters. (COMPLETED at Scarowinds in October).

14.  Attend Christmasville in Rock Hill.

15.  Go outside my comfort zone.

16.  Climb a rock wall.

17.   Get a makeover.

18.   Go on a hike.

19.   Ride across the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge in Charleston with my eyes open.

20.   Eat dinner at a restaurant owned by a celebrity chef.

21.    Attend a wine tasting.

22.    Sing karaoke.

23.   Have afternoon tea.

24.   Go horseback riding.

25.   Go to a concert (COMPLETED at the 2023 S.C. Jazz Festival.)

26.   Go indoor skydiving.

27.   Ride on a train.

28.   Stay at a nice hotel.

29.    Complete an escape room (Completed Sept. 9.)

30.   Go paintballing.

31.    Take a helicopter ride.

32.    Learn three magic tricks.

33.    Attend a murder mystery dinner.

34.   Go to a drive-in movie.

35.   Learn a line dance.

36.   Make a public speech. (COMPLETED at the Rotary Club in Cheraw.)

37.    Take an interesting class.

38.   Learn to make a signature cocktail.

39.   See a Broadway show.

40.   Arrange a scavenger hunt.

41.    Go ice skating.

42.    Learn how to use chopsticks.

43.    Wrap a snake around my neck.

44.   Go axe throwing. (Completed in July.)

45.  Learn how to change a tire.

46.  Go to a roller derby.

47.  Have a drink at a rooftop bar.

48.  Milk a cow.

49.  Ride around a race track.

50.  Do something special for my 5oth  birthday. (COMPLETED at Scarowinds in October. I rode several rollercoasters and screamed like a crazy person.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

Today was a fairytale