The art of decluttering

It is 24 days into the new year. It’s hard to believe that it’s been four weeks since my son’s week long visit.
Since it is a new year, I am working hard to declutter. It’s not easy because I have so much stuff. There are boxes in the pantry that I haven’t even opened yet.
I have never been a neat freak. Even my son knows this.
Plus, I am determined to have the ribbon cutting for my library on April 15. My son is on spring break at that time so he will be in Pickleland.
How do you declutter when you are kind of a hoarder in training?
I started small so I wouldn’t get overwhelm. I got rid of several magazines and cleaned out the jeep.
I discover something called the Pomodoro Technique, which is suppose to be for work but I kind of modified for decluttering.
The method involves working for 25 minutes without interruption, taking a five minute break, repeating this four times and then taking a 15 to 30-minute break.
I modified it so it would three 25 minute segments and a 30-minute break. I have found this method works better at home than work. There are so many distractions in a newsroom especially with the phone ringing and people walking in.

UPCOMING DECLUTTER PROJECTS
--organize my closet by being truthful about what I will and will not wear.
--go through all of my purses and handbags. Decide which will stay and which ones will be given away to friends.
--Clean out the kitchen cabinets
--Download the tons of photos of my son from my phone.
--Start going through the boxes one at a time.
--Finish organizing my home library.

I got some projects to do and I am excited about it. It has been an interesting year so far. I must admit that last two weeks have been very bruising both professionally and personally. I don't know if I can take much more.

DAILY DOSE
1. I have been hitting the strawberry soda hard. So thankful for Strawberry Sunkist.
2. Kmart is closing, which means things are on discount. Found a very cool notebook!
3. Friends are important in sad times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz