Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Kicking ED to the curb and being "dotty"




For three years, the dress I am wearing hung in my closet. For various reasons, with ED’s nagging voice playing a large role, I never wore it.

As I was going through my closet Tuesday  morning, I saw and put it on.  I wore it proudly. It illustrates how far I have come. I looked awesome. And I felt good. I am tired of hiding in shadows. 

I am tired of beating up myself for real and imagined faults.

In a few weeks, I will celebrate 4 years in RR and in three months, I will be 40. 

Four years ago, I arrived frail and broken to RR. This person no longer exists.
At the time, I was deep in ED and didn’t care about life because I figured I would die. Now I have made great strides in my recovery. I am enjoying life.

Tuesday was an awesome day with everything coming together with my body, clothes, hair and career.

And I am still feeling good today. 


DAILY DOSE

1. Feeling good about myself!

2. Vacation starts on July 29!

3. Being asked out on a date!

1 comment:

  1. You look cute. And yeah for feeling good about yourself. These moments of clarity where the positive outweighs the bad are so precious.

    ReplyDelete

Spending time with my son

Memorial Day is always special for me as a reporter and a person. It is a chance to recognize who gave their life so I and others can have t...