Not just another Saturday night on the couch

When you are a reporter, your schedule really isn't your schedule. It depends on what is happening. This was my weekend to work and I had to cover a professional wrestling event. I am tired today but I actually had a good time Saturday night.

Plus, they gave me a lanyard tag that allowed me to go anywhere in the theatre. If  I had wanted, I could have gotten in the ring. I felt all powerful with my camera and notebook. But seriously, I had a good time. It was TNA wrestling. I don't know a thing about wrestling or who is popular right now but I enjoyed the energy of the crowd and the fans. 

For the first time in weeks, I remembered why I like writing so much--the chance to tell someone else's story. I met some really cool people who had been looking forward to this event for weeks. I met a 10-year-old who had received tickets for his birthday. He was waiting patiently to  meet his idol Jeff Hardy for a few seconds. I felt honored to be able to share his story with the RValley.

I had a great time last night. And I looked all badassish in my combat boots, green cargos and tough girl hoodie. I felt fantastic. 

The countdown is now in its final days. Three more days until vacation and time with JJ. I can hardly wait!!!!

DAILY DOSE

1. Being a reporter!

2. Looking stylish in my combat boots that I paid $5 from a yard sale!

3. Being able to see my son at the end of this week!

Comments

  1. That is so cool! Glad you enjoyed your assignment. Have fun with JJ!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst