One day, one meal at a time


I can't believe January is over. It seems like yesterday that the new year was rung in and celebrated. Between my  ED issues and work, it feels like I  haven't had much time to breathe. 

Right now, I am taking things one day and one meal at a time. Anything more and I'll freak out. This morning was rough. I found a skirt in the closet that I had never wore. After putting the outfit together on my bed, I showered and put it on. It was when I was putting on  my black tights that I became fixated on how huge my thighs looked. I have to be at work at 8 a.m. so I am having a freak out at 7:25. 

So using the techniques that my therapist and I had discussed, I talked myself from the proverbial ledge. i am pretty proud of myself because I feel like it was small victory against ED. I have come a long way to let it defeat. Right now, there are some bumps in the road but i am trying. So it is one day and one meal at a time.

Daily Dose

1. It's Friday and I don't  have to work this weekend!

2. Finding Rice Works (brown rice crisps think chips) Sweet Chili to snack on

3. Five days until I meet my new therapist.

Comments

  1. Happy Friday! Great job on talking yourself down. Hope the meeting with your new therapist goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to do some self talk to feel better or at least tolerate the situation you found yourself in. I know ED can be really painful and nasty at times. I am glad you are pushing through. Thinking of you!
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral