Needing to get back in shape


I have been working a lot of hours. And between working and traveling, I haven't been taking care of myself like I should. Today, I went to Medoc Mountain State Park. It was such a beautiful place. For awhile I forgot that I was only 30 minutes from work. It is the perfect getaway without getting away.

The park supt. took me on a tour. At one point, we were hiking on a trail. I need to make time to start back walking. I was tired after about 20 minutes. Before it got cold, I was running two mornings a week and working out twice at week. Since I now have to be at work at 8 a.m. and not 7 a.m., I am going to try to walk three times a week. I took the picture near this creek. It was so tranquil and peaceful.

Riding on the horse trail fell through today but one of the guys wants me to go riding on the trail. Don't worry, it won't be a possible Criminal Minds moment. The park supt would come also. I am looking at my schedule trying to find time to ride. I have always wanted to ride horse and lasso a bull. I'll stick with just riding the horse. I don't have time for broken bones. Most of my day was at the park so I am feeling very zen but tired.

My newspaper has a magazine so I am using it to gain magazine experience so I can do some freelancing. I volunteered to do daytrips. Might as well get paid while having some fun.

Daily Dose

1. I actually fantasized about sleeping during a town board meeting.

2. Enjoying myself at the state park.

3. I had an 95 percent ED free day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral