In the nick of time.....

I had my first therapy visit. I am back on meds. I am tired but know I made the right decision. The next few months will be dicey from my mother's illness to custody issues with my husband.

A few days ago, I went to Pickle Land to say goodbye to a friend of mine. She was dying of lung cancer. Never smoked a day in her life. How do you say goodbye to someone? It was hard but I went. She died at some point on Friday. Her funeral is tomorrow. I am not looking forward to it but I will be there.

My mom is doing okay and is considering stopping her chemo. My feelings are not important here. What is important is my mother's decision. If she wants to stop it, she can do it. It is her decision. I can tell the chemo is tough on her. I hope I never have to make a decision like this.

Daily Dose

1. Chicken salad on toast with provolone cheese.

2. Going back on the meds.

3. Greeting warm weather with a smile!

Comments

  1. I hope the meds go okay with you, new meds totally suck. I hate having to change or go on new ones. Just adding one tablet of lithium to my mix of what seems like a million already, made me shake and have a dry mouth for days. Luckily that is going away, though I am worried that my psychiatrist will add another lithium tablet when I see him on thursday, as I am getting my blood levels done tomorrow and when I was in hospital they said it was really low (which kinda sucks). Last time on the higher dose I got lithium toxic :-/ Hope yours go better!
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh..well I believe that all these are too much to handle the right way so it's good you started therapy.. hope things get better with your issues and remember we will always be here, giving you courage okay?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you're back in therapy... And I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Life has thrown some difficult situations your way. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral