Moving, hurricanes and Comic Con-- recapping a crazy Fall of 2018

It is Nov. 11 and a lot has happened. A lot!

I moved out of a three bedroom house into a one bedroom apartment with a sunroom. The place is huge. I love it. Agent Kitty loves the sunroom even more than me and has claimed it.

My bedroom is large enough for my queen size bed, dresser, and chest drawers. There is still room for three bookcases and possible a twin size bedroom. I officially started living here Sept. 3. And for a few weeks, it was heaven.
Then came a little hurricane called Florence came for an extended stay. In the end, there were no deaths in Marlboro County but a lot of damage and devastation. Southeastern North Carolina had a ton of damage. A lot of people have lost their homes and world.
Marlboro County had a lot of flooding. The thing I remembered the most was wondering if it would ever stop raining. The rain started on Friday, Sept. 14 and continued until the afternoon of Sunday, Sept. 16. The power went out early Saturday morning. I spent that Saturday wondering if it would ever stop raining. Then the shingles started coming off the house. The second-floor apartments had several roof leaks up there.
Eventually, what is up must come down and water started coming down the light fixture in my walk-in closet. Later, it sounded like it was raining in the closet. I was catching water in three large totes. Every 30 minutes, I had to empty one. Then water started coming down my bedroom and bedroom closet walls.
I had to leave my apartment with Agent Kitty. I called a friend and she sent her husband to pick the two of us up. We stayed a week. Agent Kitty enjoyed it a little too much.I had some damage and am now filling out insurance forms to replace some stuff.
It could have a lot worst. My upstairs neighbors lost most of their stuff.


I celebrated my 45th birthday on Oct. 12. I had nice birthday. I ended up heading to Florence with a friend to go thrift store shopping and having dinner. It was was nice way to turn 45.

Emo JJ


A week later, I attended the 2018 Fayetteville Comic Con with JJ. I  have been to two Comic Cons in the past but this was the first one where JJ was old enough to do participate without me hovering nearby.
This was not my area of geekness. I am very geeky on my own. I wanted my son to be amongst his people enjoying comic books, games and other things. So for the second time this year, I was the personal assistant with the camera and the money. Librari-Con was one thing but the Comic-Con was a whole different ballgame. The Crown Coseuliem was filled with a variety of genres, mediums (films, television, comics, books, games, and anime), and levels of geekness.
Once we arrived, I was given a salute and JJ disappeared in the crowd.
So I explored and truly learned that no matter what the interest, you could find something there to cater to it. Cosplay was a big part of the Comic-Con. I had a chance to do some serious people watching. At one point, I saw a cute Pennywise the Clown and creepy Michael Myers. My favorite was a giant Robot Mech. I was amazed at how much detail had gone into it and the fact it took a year to make.
I loved the fact that people felt comfortable enough to be themselves. I saw everything from Darth Vader and Boba Fett to various Harley Quinns and Poison Ivy.
Overall, it wasn't a bad way to spend a Saturday.
Bobo Fett and I
Daily Dose
1. I am thankful for my son.
2. I am thankful for my life.
3. I am thankful to be 45!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral