December musings

It is hard to believe that December is almost half over and 2013.

My editor had an emergency last week so I had to paginate the entire paper. It was quite experience involving eight hours, lots of caffeine and tons of prayer. For my hard work, I was given the Staples credit card and told I could pick out the day planner, pens and any other supplies I needed. To me, it was the equivalent of having a shopping spree in Macy's. It took me a hour to pick out the planner and 30 minutes to pick out the pens. I am a very happy Jackie!!!

It has been a busy month so far for me. So far, I have :
  • Used  a free moment to decorate my computer monitor, which is very old school and cracked to look a little better.

  • Discovered that health insurance is no longer cheap. Through my work, it will cost me about $425 a month for JJ and I for the cheap version. Then I found out the cheap will not cover him because he lives in SC. 
  • Got to paginate the entire newspaper by myself after my editor had an emergency. I got to see firsthand what he deals with twice a week. I now make sure I have everything done so he can do his job.
  • Tried to figure out if JJ still believes in Santa. I think he knows the truth but is wanting to say something after Christmas. We did good to keep him almost eight years. I figured it out when I was six.
  • Let JJ know that I will not be home for Christmas but on the weekend after. I have work Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas. I just don't have it in me to drive down Christmas Eve and drive back Christmas Day. He was cool with it and said Christmas presents don't go bad.
  • Worked hard to be social. Most days I just want to go home and shut the door on the world. I make sure to meet a friend for lunch or dinner at least once a month.
  • Had two guys interested in dating me but decided I wasn't quite ready yet.
  • Made what should be the laundry room area into a jacket and coat closet. Didn't realize I had so many.
  • Danced around the living room most night thanks to the DirecTV music channels.
  • Discovered that I eat ice cream more during the cold weather than warm.
  • Worked on a plan to figure what I need to do in order to move closer to JJ. 

I am looking forward to 2014. I have enjoyed 2013 and looking forward to more adventures.

DAILY DOSE
1. Being able to buy lunch for a co-worker.
2. Thankful that I have a warm place to place myself each night.
3. Knowing everything happens for a reason.

Comments

  1. it's nice when people want to date you but sometimes you just aren't ready...and that's ok! sometimes a gal needs time to herself to learn about herself.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is expensive! And that's health ins with a job? Wow. Sounds like you have a sweet very well adjusted son. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

Today was a fairytale