Deaths are always sad

It was so sad to hear on the same day that two celebrities died--Micheal Jackson and Farrah Fawcett. On my list of my favorite cds--Thriller has always been in the top five. In the safe confines of my room, I can do a pretty decent with the song, Billie Jean. And Beat It is also a fave. The man had some good music.

Farrah Fawcett has always reminded me of my mom. They both seem to have the same free spirit. I can't explain it but there are some similarities there.

I got my car back in time to cover a Relay for Life wrap up, which was very good. They raised a lot of money for cancer research. Yesterday was a pretty decent food day. At the event, they had hamburgers. I am not a real big beef eater. I ate half of it. And afterwards, I headed to Sonic for some corn dogs and tater tots. I know it wasn't healthy but it sure was gooooooood!

My brother-in-law's wife had a baby born. There was a scare because during her c-section they found that some of the fecal matter got inside the baby. He is in the neonatal intensive care unit as a precaution and receiving antibotics. He'll be okay. My hubby, JJ and I went to visit this morning. This was JJ first time visiting the birthing floor and seeing all the babies. He found it quite fascinating. He did say--"Mommy was I that small when I was a baby." I told him yes. He said--It must be sad for the babies because they can't talk and tell people what they want. I'm glad that I'm a big boy and can talk. Me--Yes, honey because you will let us know what is on your mind.

It was a nice visit. It brought memories of my pregnancy and the concern of how a hardcore anorexic could care a baby to full-term. I did it. It wasn't easy but I did it. And now I have a handsome, smart little boy who tells me that he loves me to pieces. And that he'll let that have a small piece. I love my son.

Daily Dose

1. My son

2. Thriller

3. My hubby for moving heaven and earth to find the money to fix my car.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

Today was a fairytale