Tuesday, January 24, 2017
It is 24 days into the new year. It’s hard to believe that it’s been four weeks since my son’s week long visit.
Since it is a new year, I am working hard to declutter. It’s not easy because I have so much stuff. There are boxes in the pantry that I haven’t even opened yet.
I have never been a neat freak. Even my son knows this.
Plus, I am determined to have the ribbon cutting for my library on April 15. My son is on spring break at that time so he will be in Pickleland.
How do you declutter when you are kind of a hoarder in training?
I started small so I wouldn’t get overwhelm. I got rid of several magazines and cleaned out the jeep.
I discover something called the Pomodoro Technique, which is suppose to be for work but I kind of modified for decluttering.
The method involves working for 25 minutes without interruption, taking a five minute break, repeating this four times and then taking a 15 to 30-minute break.
I modified it so it would three 25 minute segments and a 30-minute break. I have found this method works better at home than work. There are so many distractions in a newsroom especially with the phone ringing and people walking in.
UPCOMING DECLUTTER PROJECTS
--organize my closet by being truthful about what I will and will not wear.
--go through all of my purses and handbags. Decide which will stay and which ones will be given away to friends.
--Clean out the kitchen cabinets
--Download the tons of photos of my son from my phone.
--Start going through the boxes one at a time.
--Finish organizing my home library.
I got some projects to do and I am excited about it. It has been an interesting year so far. I must admit that last two weeks have been very bruising both professionally and personally. I don't know if I can take much more.
1. I have been hitting the strawberry soda hard. So thankful for Strawberry Sunkist.
2. Kmart is closing, which means things are on discount. Found a very cool notebook!
3. Friends are important in sad times.
Monday, January 2, 2017
|My not-so-mini me at work!|
Happy New Year!! I hope you had a great one because so I have. I got to spend the last week of 2016 and the first day of this year with my son. And now on the second day of the year, I am slightly sad. I miss my boy. I decided to figure out my goals for 2017.
1. To get my smile back. Iamthisclose to having it. I make the down payment for my new teeth this week.
2. I will be more sociable. The goal is to get out of the house more. I will accomplish by trying one new thing each month.
4. Learn how to swim.
5. I will continue to work on my relationship with God by finding a church to attend.
6. Clear some of the clutter in my house.
7. I will journal more.8. I will continue to work toward an ED-free life. The last few weeks have been rough.
9. Try out one new recipe each week.
10. Be a better morning person.
If I can do most of these, 2017 will be a great year. I am excited.
|My son snapped a picture of me while we were having an adventure.|
1. Enjoying a slow day at work!
2. No meetings to cover tonight so I get to veg on the couch.
3. Trying to be at peace!
I write a book column for Duplin Times in Kenansville, N.C. called the Book Nerd. This is my May column, which is about me finally comple...
In recovering from my ED, I am okay healthwise but the big casualty was my teeth. And when you are a reporter, it is quite embarrassing t...
Last year at this time, I was recovering from surgery and was housebound in my apartment. This year, I'm singing Christmas carols badly ...
The last week and two days have been some of the most interesting and stressful time in my life. I don’t childbirth was as stressful. Bea...